October cycle tour map

October cycle tour map

Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Berrigan to Cobram


Berrigan to Cobram = 37km
Cummulative total = 8196km

Slept in this morning, the hayfever hasn't really settled this morning so I am assuming there is something here in Berrigan that my sinuses doesn't like! My nose is running so much that we have to go back into the IGA to buy more tissues - I can barely blow my nose as it is so tender that it hurts when I have to blow it!
I am relieved to get out of there and on the road again and funny enough the hayfever settled down alot. Again a headwind but at least it is only a short day and we are far away from flood waters (even though we are going to cross the Murray - it is not threatening to flood!)
I think also today we were a little glad to be back in Victoria - closer to home now!

here I am about to cross the bridge over the murray

and here Neil is in his home state!
The campground is full of permanents but they seem okay and the owner is very friendly but he is mowing the grass ... and yep you guessed it my hayfever has flared up again!
I think I have become resigned to the fact that it is not a good idea to cycle during the months of October and November! So I have just proven Neils theory wrong that by immersing myself amongst all the grass and pollen and being exposed to doses of it ... that it will make me become immune to hayfever ... yeah right Neil!
Off to Shepparton tomorrow - rumour has it it will be a gentle northerly/tailwind!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment